ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Why multiple looping remap elements can't play all together ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franck HérouardWhy multiple looping remap elements can't play all together ?
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 4:25:22 pm

Hi There !

I did a comp with several instances of the same png sequence (12 frames for a cycle) (lets say "rotors")
I need to use 10 "rotors" in three "packs" (different colors and sizes). The speed of those rotors must change during the 1'30 minute of my sequence.

I tried different methods but the result is quite the same (seems to process randomly in fact...)
- take the png sequence and "time remaping" and loopOut() and TimeWarp effect (in order to change the speed)
- and/or made a precomp with the png sequence looping during 2 minutes and import that precomp on my sequence

But, some "rotors" stopped after a time I can't really determined... So I failed to get a result in which all loops go from begining to end !!
If I change something (a parameter or replace a png sequence by a new one or a precomp), the issue will appear for an other object...

Have you ever experimented that problem ?

Thanks !

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Why multiple looping remap elements can't play all together ?
by on Sep 22, 2016 at 9:03:06 am

If I understand correctly your issue, you have to import the png sequence with the loop option selected and a high loop number that will cover any changes in length done with Time Remap. It would be best to have a much longer comp than what you actually need (4 min instead of 2 for example) so that you can see the keyframes at the end of your layers that have Time Remap on. Then you can adjust the Time remap and thus change the speed of the rotors without any issues.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Franck HérouardRe: Why multiple looping remap elements can't play all together ?
by on Sep 23, 2016 at 5:47:55 pm

Thank you Tudor.

I have a cycle of 12 png. I created a comp of 12 frames and put them into.
Then, on my main comp I need to animate 3 sets (or groups) : one with 3 rotors (biggest), another one with 5 and the last with 3.
I'd first import one by one the png and resize them and changed colors (later I places png's in 3 separated precomps in order to manage 3 objects and not 11)

For each precomp :
I "enable time remaping" and write the expression "loopOut()"
Then I used "Effects / TimeWarp because I want to increase the speed in two keyframes.

I made several animation (zooming in and out) too.

It seems that AfterEffects (or my computer) is enable to keep the loops during all the composition. My rotors stops without "good reason". (generally after a movement of my scene). But, it could be 1000 different causes, I suppose !

I will try tomorrow to test without all animated stuff but only with the rotors loop and the TimeWarp effect...

Thanks !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved