ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Split composition into separate render items at exact frame end

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mariela SepulvedaSplit composition into separate render items at exact frame end
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 10:58:55 am

Good morning! I split an after composition in 2 parts. Rendered them separately (mov) and the tried to concatenate them using FFMPEG. It works well except for a 1-second stop (bith audio and video) at the joint. The only difference between both parts is the bitrate: a. Part1e: 22391 kb/s and Part 2: 22220 kb/s. After many tests, I believe (i may be completely wrong!) that my problem is how i split the composition in After. I did it at any random sec. Not sure if this is right, but if there are FRAMES in the comp, I may need to do the cut at the exact place where a frame ends and another starts. Does this make sense? My feeling is that since I am not cutting it at that exact place, when i render both parts, it is completeing the last frame or something... so when I merge both files, it is completing what is missing of the frame with a still image and silent sound. Sorry if I am way off....
Thanks for your help.
Mary
mariela.sepulveda@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Split composition into separate render items at exact frame end
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 4:22:06 pm

This sounds like a strange thing to do. Can you tell us what you want to accomplish by doing this? My guess is that there are better ways to do what you want.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mariela SepulvedaRe: Split composition into separate render items at exact frame end
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 5:39:54 pm

Hi Dave. Thanks a lot for your fast response.
The reason I am doing this is because a part of the video (part1) has variable data that I need to update in order to generate several personalized videos. And part 2 remains the same for all videos. So I just want to render part 1 several times and concatenate part 2 without rendering this second part.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Split composition into separate render items at exact frame end
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 5:50:50 pm

Thank you for the description. I would do this using TWO applications: After Effects and a video editor (probably Premiere Pro). Render out of AE using a high-quality codec.

Then, you import the video that doesn't change into Premiere Pro ONCE. Import the video that does change as you need to. It's VERY easy to join the two clips together in PP. When done, you can export from PP with no worries.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Split composition into separate render items at exact frame end
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 8:07:21 pm

There are frames in every After Effects composition, so that's not your problem. Your issue is either (A.) there are black frames after you made a cut in the first section (B.) there are black frames at the beginning of your second section or (C.) the software you are using is inserting a space between the two clips.

I would check each clip individually, and if both look clean and you still have issues, I would take Dave's suggestion and bring them into Premiere (Or even AE again) to combine. Then you can see how it plays back and adjust anything if needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]