ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

KEYFRAMED OVERSHOOT + SEQUENTIAL by textIndex inside a Text Expression selector

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthieu FremeauxKEYFRAMED OVERSHOOT + SEQUENTIAL by textIndex inside a Text Expression selector
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 9:15:48 am

I there ! First time I post here...
Usually, I'm rather not too bad in figuring out what makes something doesn't work..
but here, i've been searching for dozen of hours for a solution to my problem and can't solve it by myself.

Here is my problem :
I try to create various interesting effects with Text expression selectors, mainly with a "overshoot" effect (I know there has been a few posts already around this subject, like this one, but it didn't really help).
I can add some decent overshoot thanks to the incredible article from Dan Ebberts on Motion script :, in both ways :
when there's no keyframe at all and in a sequential way (based on the input time of the layer and textIndex) OR when there are some keyframes (but without any "sequential" feeling based on characters).

what I want to achieve is the exact addition of these two worlds !
I want to be able to animate the Expression selector amount from 0 to 100%, then, a little bit later (with keyframes of course) from 100% to, let say, 50%... then later from 50% back to 100% again,.. then from 100% to 0% ...
WITH the overshoot effect applied to the value
AND with a sequential order (per character), based on the textIndex..

And whatever i try to do (i tried to mix both Dan expression in various ways) but i just can't make it work !

Any idea how i could do such a thing please ?
Thanks in advance for your help !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved