ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trying to mimic a projected slideshow...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David OulashianTrying to mimic a projected slideshow...
by on Sep 18, 2016 at 9:48:24 pm

Hi All, I am editing a church pageant video - the show had an actual slideshow video in one scene - but the slideshow images are unusable as in the 5 sec video:
Here is a still:
I am trying to recreate the slideshow in After Effects and am honestly not sure if it is working or not. I motion tracked the shots and used a combo of Luma Track Matte and roto. I also tried to sort of blow out and degrade the slides a little to feel more "real"
Here is a still:
I don't feel like I'm "selling" it... Any suggestions would be super helpful. Bear in mind AE is not my day job and this is not a feature film! But I do want it to look "right" if possible. Much Thanks!

David Oulashian

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: Trying to mimic a projected slideshow...
by on Sep 18, 2016 at 10:38:38 pm

well tracked, and roto looks decent as well :) obviously there is more involved to get a decent composite. the image has to blend with the surroundings so how about a... blend mode? if it's a screening then guess which...

if the blend mode looks too harsh you can also try color correcting the footage. you might want to do it either way.

feather the edges - it's too sharp and perfect. you might want to blur the image as well.

I highly recommend Mark Christiansen's Compositing series on Lynda. it's not that long and will give you everything you need to know to make a decent composite in After Effects:

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved