ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Changing the position of an object (X,Y) with sound e.g. when someone is speaking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angus MurphyChanging the position of an object (X,Y) with sound e.g. when someone is speaking
by on Sep 18, 2016 at 4:02:57 pm
Last Edited By Angus Murphy on Sep 18, 2016 at 4:56:23 pm

I want to know how to use sound like someone speaking to change the position (X,Y) of an object, like this (I'm pretty sure they're using the sound to trigger the movements) -

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Edit: I went through some comments and found out it could be a "fancy equaliser", and another one that says what I'm looking for could be in Premiere Pro where you can "attach volume levels to transform x or something."
Still looking for help, thanks.

Return to posts index

Ken TeutschRe: Changing the position of an object (X,Y) with sound e.g. when someone is speaking
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 6:23:20 pm

Right-click on your audio layer and under Keyframe Assistant, choose, "Convert Audio to Keyframes." Then connect whatever property you want to affect to them with an expression.

Search for "convert audio to keyframes in After Effects" if you need to see a tutorial on how to tweak it afterwards.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki KannistoRe: Changing the position of an object (X,Y) with sound e.g. when someone is speaking
by on Sep 20, 2016 at 5:07:21 am

Note that to get separate movements for separate objects like in your example of three heads, you'll need separate source audio for each.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]