ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Cinema 4D Camera movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan QuigleyCinema 4D Camera movement
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 11:51:28 pm

Hey All,

For the life of me I can't figure out how to move around Cinema 4D without affecting the camera. I thought that if held ALT and moved around then you would just be changing your view and not actually move the camera. So I've done all this work in Cinema 4D and then I moved my camera somehow and I can't align it with my plate (footage background) anymore.

Anyone have some words of advice?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Cinema 4D Camera movement
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:37:31 am

There's a little icon on the Camera in the Object Manager next to the "traffic lights" that control editor and renderer visibility. It looks like a dot in the middle of a rectangle. When it's white, the camera is active. When it's active, your viewport navigation affects the camera. Click this icon to toggle the camera on and off.

Viewport navigation has a separate history stack, and normal Undo does not work on viewport navigation. If you accidentally move in the viewport, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Z to undo.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: Cinema 4D Camera movement
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 6:40:57 am

option#2: add (at least) one keyframe to your camera, and make shure that 'autokeying' is turned off. When you have moved it, stepping through te timeline will have it snap back to it's keyframed position.
option#3: add a 'protect'-tag to your camera, now it can't move at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved