ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Karaoke After Effects Preset acting a little strange

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg AntisdelKaraoke After Effects Preset acting a little strange
by on Sep 13, 2016 at 5:32:27 pm

Hi All!

Kevin Camp made a very cool AE Preset that allows the user to easily animate a bouncing ball over song lyrics. The preset allows for quick and easy animation.

I am having a bit of a strange occurrence though when I use the preset. The text seems to randomly jump to the top left of the comp during the animation. I've looked through some of the expressions but can't tell what might be going on. I'm curious if it is a glitch in After Effects.

Oddly enough, it appears that if I turn on Motion Blur for the layer, the animation acts completely differently.

Below is a quick video of the preset in action on my machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10533_karaoke.mov.zip

Here is the preset: 7491_singalong.ffx.zip

Best,

Greg

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Karaoke After Effects Preset acting a little strange
by on Sep 13, 2016 at 5:44:27 pm

Hi Greg, I had replied back to your original post (or at least I though tI had)...

I've noticed this issue with newer versions of AE when using CC Composite on text layers. My typical fix is to choose edit>purge all whenever I see it happen.

However, in this case I didn't even need to use CC Composite for that preset. You can set the Circle effect's Blending Mode property from 'None' to 'Normal' and then simply delete the CC Composite effect.

Also, here's a new preset:

10532_singalong.ffx.zip

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Greg AntisdelRe: Karaoke After Effects Preset acting a little strange
by on Sep 13, 2016 at 5:55:09 pm

Hi Kevin,

It looks like you replied to my original post as I was writing this one. In any event, thanks so much for your reply (replies)!!

I appreciate your time and this awesome preset.

Have an awesome evening!

Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]