ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

unexplained keyframe interpolation for path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mel ruizunexplained keyframe interpolation for path
by on Sep 11, 2016 at 7:12:45 pm

I am having very strange movement on the path I'm animating. I set keyframes to make one corner of a rectangular path (which I converted from a rectangle into a bezier path) move. the keyframes are where i want them. 1st: shape is a rectangle; 2nd: bottom right corner is moved up so it's a polygon. BUT in between the keyframe the rectangle just shrinks until it's a small square and then jumps to 2nd state at 2nd keyframe. I have never encountered anything like this.

Any ideas??

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: unexplained keyframe interpolation for path
by on Oct 8, 2016 at 6:49:07 am

this is unfortunately how it still works when you convert to bezier path.

from the link:

IMPORTANT: When you use the Convert To Bezier Path command to convert a parametric shape path to a Bezier shape path, the Bezier path that is created does not animate well (i.e., interpolation between paths behaves strangely and unpredictably). This is related to path direction and how transformations are stored. For now, you should not use these converted paths for animated paths (interpolation between paths); but, if you do want to try, you may be able to work around the issues by reversing the path before conversion.

you need to set the first vertex after you convert to bezier path and the animation will be o.k.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved