ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with After Effects + Element 3D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan MerlosProblem with After Effects + Element 3D
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 4:44:04 am

Hi there, long story short:

I'm trying to edit an AE template which is a logo reveal and it's using Element 3D, it has 5 materials applied on the logo, and what i'm trying to do is to make the front texture same as the original logo image, i've tried to follow a video tutorial on youtube and i've managed to add the logo to the "custom texture maps", then in the scene setup of the element 3D layer i clicked on the bevel 5 (which is the top one) and then on texture diffuse and added the "custom texture map" at that point in the video the logo shows it's original texture but in my project it's still the same metal texture, i've ticked the option "use layer as UV" but i don't see any change either. I've tried changing a lot of things but i can't seem to do it.

I've tried to be as clear as i could, sorry if i wasn't enough thoug..

Anyways thanks in advice for any kind of help you can offer to me on this matter.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Problem with After Effects + Element 3D
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 4:41:14 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Sep 6, 2016 at 4:42:02 pm

My guess is that the reflection settings and original diffuse color are overriding the custom texture map, but some screen shots would help to clarify the problem further.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Juan MerlosRe: Problem with After Effects + Element 3D
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 2:07:18 am

Thanks for your reply! I've solved that buy creating a new extrusion model, but now i have a problem with the back of the model, how can i make it look solid instead of those lines?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Problem with After Effects + Element 3D
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 8:09:03 am

That look consists of the combination of the various texture maps, diffuse, specular, normal, reflection, etc. in the materials settings. You can turn them off for that material, which will change the look of the logo from the front view if the same material is visible there. Or you can add yet another copy of the bevel and offset it along the z axis so that it is the backmost bevel object, after which you can make it whatever material you want.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Juan MerlosRe: Problem with After Effects + Element 3D
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 11:59:20 pm

I've solved it, i only wish i can edit the first extrusion with the logo texture without creating a new one but it worked. Thank you very much Kalleheikki.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]