ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I put a logo in my hand from C4D?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack LongHow can I put a logo in my hand from C4D?
by on Sep 5, 2016 at 10:42:21 pm

Hello,

Total newb with AE and C4D. I have some footage of me with a fist that opens to a palm facing the camera, then the palm pushes towards the camera. I would like to take a logo from c4d, have it expand from nothing out of my hand using c4d animation techniques, and then move it forward towards the camera from my palm.

I had first tried the using the 3d camera tracker but it can't find any points in my palm when the effect is set to 3d solved. All of the points are extremely huge and are showing much bigger than the screen. When I switch to 2d source in 3d camera tracker effects plugin, it is able to track the point in my palm, but I can't create a null to import into c4d. Switching the solve method or detailed analysis in the advanced settings didn't really help anything.

Is there any way to make this tracking point show up in my palm? I tried putting a bright piece of paper taped to my palm, but that didn't work. I read that 3d tracker doesn't really work on a human body. If this is the case, is there another method I could use to achieve this effect?

Thank you for taking the time to read through my problem!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How can I put a logo in my hand from C4D?
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 2:48:08 pm

Well, since you've correctly identified this as a job for C4D, I recommend asking your how-to's in the C4D forum.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jack LongRe: How can I put a logo in my hand from C4D?
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 4:20:09 pm

Thanks for the reply! I will take the post over to that forum.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: How can I put a logo in my hand from C4D?
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 4:23:55 pm

3D camera tracker basically expects that the scenery is static while the camera moves, it cannot solve a hand that is opening. But it might be able to solve it forward from the point of being fully open, especially if you sharpen the image, mask off the excess background, precompose and then track just the section where the hand is in its final, fully opened pose. The basic idea is covered here:

Another option is to 2D track a point on the hand and then attach the prerendered 3D object to that point. Which could work if the camera is not moving a great amount.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Jack LongRe: How can I put a logo in my hand from C4D?
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 5:00:44 pm

Thanks for the reply! I will go through the linked video and try your suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]