ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Why there is the outline of motion path when i export a gif in photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yuliana Zhang
Why there is the outline of motion path when i export a gif in photoshop?
on Sep 5, 2016 at 4:48:54 pm
Last Edited By Yuliana Zhang on Sep 5, 2016 at 4:51:57 pm

hi all!

i have a question about exporting gif!
it shows glitch/outline of motion path when i view it on my phone!?

below is the preload animation that i exported from photoshop in gif 128 no dither format.
this is my process : i created the motion graphics in after effect first, then export to media encoder, got a mp4 file. drag the mp4 file to photoshop, export -> save for web (legacy), then everything is default, i choose gif 128 no dither format to export. everything is good when i view it in my computer.
like this:

The weird thing is after i uploaded it to my behance portfolio, ok, it still looks good on my computer (from website), HOWEVER, when i open the behance app on my iphone, and try to double-check everything is fine, it just looks like this (below)??????? while the thing is moving, the red outline is keep showing up around the movement. i'm not sure its behance app's problem (i dont think so, because i checked other people's animation on behance app, they look good) or there is something wrong during my export???? but i did try export in photoshop from "gif 128 no dither" to "gif 64 dither", like every format. it still didn't work out...
i'm pretty sure there is something wrong in my process. because i made several proload animation, they did this outline of movement on my every single gif!!!

so please HELP!!! let me know if you need further information!

THANKS! GUYS!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Why there is the outline of motion path when i export a gif in photoshop?
on Sep 6, 2016 at 4:46:25 pm

I've heard of similar problems when using transparency with GIF animations, so if you are exporting with transparency, try without.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]