ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D work - computer? program?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hope Holmesby3D work - computer? program?
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 4:38:43 pm

Thanks for reading.

Summary: Do i need a Mac Pro? what 3D program?
Work in widescreen standard digital. 1024x576, for an online web-channel, which hopes in future to go to cable (had been cabel in past)

I use AE for everything, basically, along w photoshop.

Would like to start doing some 3D. Cinema 4D, some say is the most simple and easiest?
One does then import these 3d models, into AE, using them in a scene, I read. (perfume bottles type of thing.)

If one does take up this 3D venture, is a Mac Pro needed? I realize the MacPro has not been updated for 3 years.
I need a new computer. Have been using for last 5 yrs an iMac. It is having issues.

Need to upgrade to: Adobe CC-all programs, (currently using CS5.5) on Mavericks, 16GB ram - (but since Mavericks I get the beach ball in AE alot. In snow leopard it was fine.)

What do you all think?

Life is here to enjoy.

iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 2TB;
Mac OS 10.9,
16 GB RAM;
1 La Cie external HDs 1 TB;
After Effects CS5.5;
Sound Track Pro 3.0.1;
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3;
Compressor 3.5.3

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: 3D work - computer? program?
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 9:04:12 pm

I switched to PC a while ago and never looked back since. You get more for your money and newer technology and if you buy a custom build machine from a known builder, you get to choose what you need and not what someone else decides you need. Get a good processor (not top of the line), lots of good RAM and a great graphics card. AE and Element 3D should be enough for most simple 3d stuff, however for more complex projects C4D is your best option. Blender is free though and really powerful.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved