ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Moving a layer and moving keyframes from a different layer at the same time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin WoodMoving a layer and moving keyframes from a different layer at the same time
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 8:47:29 am

Hi,

I have run into this issue a few time so thought it was worth asking...

I have a null layer which controls a camera and then I have other layer with my actual animation on.

If I want to change the timing of my animation slightly then this means I have to manually move all the null object keyframes so the camera is once again moving in time with my animation.

I am just looking for a way to select layers and then select keyframes from the null layer without actually dragging the null layer its self and moving all the keyframes.

Any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Justin

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Moving a layer and moving keyframes from a different layer at the same time
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 2:26:58 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 1, 2016 at 3:19:55 pm

Sorry, you have to move them one at a time. But the task is made a bit easier when you find the difference in the number of frames between two crucial keyframes. Use Layer Markers to make it easier to find those crucial keyframes; you can always remove them later for a cleaner look. Timeline Markers are also helpful with this chore. Moving the keyframes gets a lot easier that way.

Yeah, there may be some super-duper keyframe script, but I don't know about any such thing, and besides -- this trick works RIGHT NOW, and if it takes you more than a minute and a half to make the tweak you're doing something wrong.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Justin WoodRe: Moving a layer and moving keyframes from a different layer at the same time
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 3:45:15 pm

Muchas Gracias!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]