ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

I made this short movie

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mariusz Mario ZdanowskiI made this short movie
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 9:49:35 pm

I've done this film for my son , who goes to the first class. please constructive criticism

Return to posts index

Hope HolmesbyRe: I made this short movie
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 10:18:13 pm

Hi Mariusz
Quite Nice....I am not a film editor. Ido motion graphics, but to me it looks nice.

Love so many variety of things he is doing and how you cut to a real soccer match, etc, and the line appearing.
quite clever. One can definitely tell you cherish this much time when it to edit all these zillion of clips and slow mo....nice
Keeps the interest with the quick changes.

It would be nice if instagram gave the play slider, so one can choose where to watch and see the duration of the film.
You made this all in AE? imported all the clips in?

Is it easier to something like this in FCP? then one can actually see the clips one is working on?

The color is overall, is little of the blue side. but as his outfit is blue, maybe you did it on purpose....for me, I tend to be prejudiced toward warm tints in film....cheery I find.

Good work....
Have a great day...and your son obviously adores you. Your attention gives him tons of

Life is here to enjoy.

iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 2TB;
Mac OS 10.9,
16 GB RAM;
1 La Cie external HDs 1 TB;
After Effects CS5.5;
Sound Track Pro 3.0.1;
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3;
Compressor 3.5.3

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: I made this short movie
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 10:22:46 am

Fun stuff - always great when you can do stuff with your kids.
I like it and I think you should do more. Nice touch with the fx on drawing the lines on the court with the carry-on.
One thing I would add is a color grading pass to unify the look of the footage and maybe some motion graphics/titles to spice it up.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved