ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CC Particle World Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angie AnnettCC Particle World Issue
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 7:43:00 pm
Last Edited By Angie Annett on Aug 31, 2016 at 8:54:42 pm

As a precursor to this discussion, I have successfully rendered other variations of this project in the past, it just seems to have started yesterday when I opened it again.

I have been working on some LED animations and have run into a bizarre issue. When I am viewing this LED's in half resolution, I can see all of the effects easily, but as soon as I change it to full resolution or try to render a simple Quicktime Animation file, they all disappear. I've tried starting new comps, setting up new particle layers, and even importing it into a new project, along with restarting my computer and AE a few times and scouring the internet for answers... I'm desperate to fix this. Attached are some screenshots. Thank you so much in advance.

Full Res/Render

Half Res

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CC Particle World Issue
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 10:52:06 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 31, 2016 at 10:54:54 pm

Where's your comp window? There's nothing there to see. There's a footage window where the comp window should be.

You might be new to After Effects, and you've bitten off a bit more than you can chew. If so, I'll recommend a VERY good place to spend some quality time:

It's virtually impossible to use AE without a thorough knowledge of the basics.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Angie AnnettRe: CC Particle World Issue
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 11:04:23 pm

I use two monitors. Here is a shot of my comp window.

I appreciate your concern, but I have been using after effects for six years now (professionally for 3), so I know the basics. Like I said in my first post, I have successfully rendered this project in the past, so I have a feeling a random setting was changed to cause this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved