ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Coffee Beans Animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason BrownCoffee Beans Animation
by on Aug 30, 2016 at 4:34:37 pm

I have/had an animation idea in my head of the coffee beans in my set up to fall into the pot and be moved around by the spinner.

My initial thinking was trapcode to generate the coffee beans (which works well) and then combine this with Newton2 for the rotating bars to move the beans around.

I think I've been a tad too ambitious and now I'm stuck on how to pull this off and whether its even possible.

Anybody have any suggestions to create this type of physics, if not just any feedback so I can learn for next time. I'm a beginner and just going through my projects and trying to solve problems as approach them in order to learn.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Coffee Beans Animation
by on Aug 30, 2016 at 7:19:33 pm

You could use use the Physics>Bounce in Particular to get the arms to move the beans, but they won't stay in the grinder...

This may be beyond AE's abilities.

This would be fairly simple to do in Cinema 4D Studio (or whatever versions have the rigid body physics).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jason BrownRe: Coffee Beans Animation
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 3:02:37 pm

Hi,

Could you provide the method for using the bounce feature in particular please? I had a quick go myself setting the floor layer to 'RoasterBottom' but it didn't seem to have any effect.

I'm only 6 months in to learning motion graphics and my approach for the last 3 months has been to create a brief, do the research, sketch out a concept along with rough ideas of how i'll pull the effects off. Kinda so I can learn on the job and not limit/constrain my ideas.

Like a said with this specific effect I was thinking Particular and Newton but without much research and now I've come up short.

At the time of doing this project I set myself rules, one being 'it all has to be 2d', as at the time I hadn't even opened Cinema 4D and knew very little about 3D, however this last week, I began introduction tutorials for Cinema...

I'm aware of the rigid body physics you mention and I see how that would work so I may have to break my rules. A newbie question though, say I recreate the roaster in C4D do you reckon it would be possible to get it to look similar to the one I've made in Illustrator? As I've shaded it to appear 3D anyway, I'm just thinking with it being a basic model.

Thanks for your help,

- Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]