ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render Queue Jumps to Comp Window while Rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max WolkowitzRender Queue Jumps to Comp Window while Rendering
by on Aug 30, 2016 at 4:09:37 am

Here's what happens sometimes randomly to me:

My preferred setup is to have my Render Queue window in the same panel as my Composition window. I rarely if ever preview while rendering so this is a good way to avoid having to use the Caps Lock so I can continue about my business. Lately, I will hit the render button, but rather than staying in the Render Queue window it will jump to my Comp window, meaning I can no longer see my progress bar or queue or anything but the preview of what's rendering. Really frustrating. A couple guys I work with have run across this issue too but haven't figured out why it happens or how to avoid it. The weirdest thing is it only happens about 1 in 10 times I open up AE. Most of the time it works the way I'm used to and then without changing any settings it'll suddenly do this stupid thing.

Anyone else having this issue with CC 2015? Anyone find a solution?

Thanks!
max

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Render Queue Jumps to Comp Window while Rendering
by on Aug 30, 2016 at 3:40:35 pm

You are using 13.8.1, right?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Max WolkowitzRe: Render Queue Jumps to Comp Window while Rendering
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 1:21:04 am

I'm in 13.7.16. Has this been fixed in the updates? Thanks for the quick response!

Return to posts index

Eddy ElliottRe: Render Queue Jumps to Comp Window while Rendering
by on Aug 30, 2016 at 9:07:31 pm

Hi Max,

It's a pain for sure. But, one way to avoid this happening is to command (or ctrl) drag the render queue tab to tear it off so the window floats. Then, when you press render, it won't jump to the composition, and you'll have access to the render queue.

Return to posts index

Max WolkowitzRe: Render Queue Jumps to Comp Window while Rendering
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 1:24:49 am

Thanks for the response. I'm not really looking for a workaround. I know most of them (used to keep my Render Queue window in my timeline panel) and most of them still require keeping Caps Lock on to keep from eating up my RAM and keeping me from using other applications. Just curious to know if anyone knows why this happens inconsistently and if there's a permanent change to fix it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]