ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Vector animation time remapping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Baard KolstadVector animation time remapping
by on Aug 29, 2016 at 1:28:53 pm

I have a pretty extensive animation all made up of shape layers with hundreds of keyframes. It later came a decision from the client to speed it up slightly. I tried time remapping/stretching, but both resulted in flickering, which is extremely obvious since it's very graphic. I also tried going into the different compositions and selecting all the keyframes and holding down alt and dragging the last keyframe. This does not work because there are several precomps with masks that don't follow along. I have made sure that continuous rasterization is checked on all comps before performing any of these attempts.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up slightly without causing it to flicker? I feel like this should be easier when all of the layers are vector.

Thanks in advance for all help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Vector animation time remapping
by on Aug 29, 2016 at 2:57:23 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 29, 2016 at 6:08:59 pm

Did you have Motion Blur enabled before you made the duration change? It may help a lot. It may be all you need!

But that aside, the only sure method is to alter the keyframed animation speed on all the layers in all the nested comps. It isn't easy.

BUT... Due to things like frame rate and animation speed you may also be experiencing judder. We can't tell from your description.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved