ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fractal noise, displacement map, and further effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Hall
Fractal noise, displacement map, and further effects
on Aug 26, 2016 at 4:40:20 pm

I'm trying to create a glitch effect for a music video, and followed this great tutorial- https://vimeo.com/101084833
Working in CC 2015.

My question is, is it possible to apply further effects to just the 'blocks' that are shifted over, rather than the whole image? Basically, how would I select those parts? I'd like to add a channel offset or different color effects to those parts while still leaving the non-displaced image underneath untouched.
I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Fractal noise, displacement map, and further effects
on Aug 26, 2016 at 5:43:01 pm

You could use the same thing that's driving the displacement as a matte for effects. You can set a duplicate of it as a track matte for an adjustment layer for one thing.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Aaron Hall
Re: Fractal noise, displacement map, and further effects
on Sep 4, 2016 at 8:14:12 pm

I'm trying to figure this out but I'm not experienced with mattes at all... Can you please be more detailed? I've tried setting various track mattes on various duplicated layers, with different combinations of adjustment layers, but I can't get anything to affect just the 'displaced blocks'. Just the whole layer. Are you able to be more specific? Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]