ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blurring out A LOT of trademarks in a TV programme - your tips&tricks?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcin StaszewskiBlurring out A LOT of trademarks in a TV programme - your tips&tricks?
by on Aug 26, 2016 at 11:58:47 am

Hi!

I was recently manouvered into blurring out all logos and trademarks in a 22 min long tv show.
I hate doing that, because even tough nowadays it's much easier (masks tracking, even in premiere pro, etc.) it still takes a long time to get it done, especially when there is so much stuff to blur out. It's a major pain in the *** for me to do, so I began wondering if any of you guys have some neat techniques you'd like to share?
I mean anything, beginning from which program do you like best for this, what is your layout/setup, maybe you use certain plugins or expressions?
The way I do it is create a new adjustment layer, trim it's length to match shot duration (I can't use a script like "trim to layer below, as I have one giant 22min video underneath, so each time I trim it manually), apply fast blur and mask, track the mask, and do corrections as necessary. Worst case scenario (that often happens) is someone standing in front of a logo I neet to blur out, and partially covering it walking back and forth. This takes sooo much time! I sometimes create a subtraction mask and track it on a guys body separately, but it still makes me suffer.
Maybe there are some magical solutions for this that I'm missing.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Blurring out A LOT of trademarks in a TV programme - your tips&tricks?
by on Aug 26, 2016 at 3:23:26 pm

Not really. Redacting things takes time.
And, if they want it in a hurry, it takes overtime!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Blurring out A LOT of trademarks in a TV programme - your tips&tricks?
by on Aug 26, 2016 at 7:25:02 pm

And when it doesn't take time, you end up with this:

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]