ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cineware imports camera with strange offset

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Bradford
Cineware imports camera with strange offset
on Aug 25, 2016 at 4:06:21 am

Hello,

Thank you for reading. I'm so frustrated with Cineware! I've wasted my entire day trying to figure this out.

I have a great camera move in C4D using a Camera Crane (tried same thing with Morph Camera). For the life of me, I can't get the 3D data to import into AE correctly.

I set up a few lights in C4D to use as placeholders in AE. But when I extract my project in CIneware, it's like there's a strange offset. The light placeholders from C4D create lights in AE but they're offset from the C4D ones.

If I select Comp Camera in Cineware, the lights line up, but then the camera is totally off. I feel like there's something simple that I'm missing here.

I've also tried Baking the camera but get the same problem. But maybe I'm not baking the correct elements?

Both C4D and AE are latest and greatest versions and C4DImporter.plugin is installed correctly. I've seen elsewhere in the forums that people are opening projects in R13 and exporting .AEC files from there. Does that work? Can I even open an R17 file in R13?

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. THANK YOU!

Project file is here: http://f1.creativecow.net/10478/10478'>10478_bulldozer03a.c4d.zip

Jason

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Cineware imports camera with strange offset
on Aug 25, 2016 at 4:08:06 pm

[Sam Bradford] "I've seen elsewhere in the forums that people are opening projects in R13 and exporting .AEC files from there. Does that work? Can I even open an R17 file in R13? "

No need to do that. R17 can generate AEC files (enable Save for Compositing Project File in the Save tab of the Render Settings dialog), and Ae can import them with the right plugins:
http://www.maxon.net/en/support/downloads/

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]