ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Title Tool - how to easily convert text layers into multiple languages

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sivakumar Annamalai
Title Tool - how to easily convert text layers into multiple languages
on Aug 24, 2016 at 5:29:29 am

Hi All,
I am working as a Project Manager in an Animation company, and I mostly work on making marketing videos and Virtual Instruction manual videos. I use 3DS Max, Maya, and After Effects for all my projects. I am facing a challenge when making an Instruction manual video which has to be presented in multiple languages. How I am doing it now is, to change each and every titles/text layers from one language to another one-by-one manually. This is time-consuming as well as leads to mistakes as well.

I am just curious if there is a tool or plug-in exist in After Effects (or an external software/tool or some sort of that), to convert all the Titles and text layers After Effects file into other language. As far as I heard, there are some large-scale European companies (like Bosch, Siemens, etc.,) they use some kind of tool through which we can import the After Effects project into it, and convert the text to another language as we wish. I guess the name is "Title Tool". Is it any Adobe tool, or anyone aware of this tool, or anything of this kind, please share. Is this a pre-exist tool/software or something which is custom-built by them? Someone please help me. Your help is much appreciated!!

Regards
Sivakumar Annamalai

Return to posts index

Thomas Hannen
Re: Title Tool - how to easily convert text layers into multiple languages
on Aug 24, 2016 at 12:53:47 pm

Take a look at http://aescripts.com/templater/ - it's great, and does exactly what you need. You need to provide the translations, but it will automate the process of replacing the text, and (to some extent) correcting the layout if you program it correctly.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Title Tool - how to easily convert text layers into multiple languages
on Aug 24, 2016 at 12:58:31 pm

Well I work with one of the companies you mentioned and if they have a tool like that they sure haven't shared it with me. Multiple occasions I have had to just copy and paste their titles into a project in multiple language.

I think this tool would work really well for you. Text2Spreadsheet

Export the texts of your After Effects project to a spreadsheet and apply the modified spreadsheet again to the AE project in a single click. Perfect for text translation, client review and other text processing tasks.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]