ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Ruffmercy Style Video FX

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabien RxRuffmercy Style Video FX
by on Aug 21, 2016 at 12:36:36 am

Hi all!

I was looking at the latest RUFFMERCY Video posted on his vimeo channel ( ). I'm familiar with the process of drawing my frame animations in photoshop and then importing in on my footage in AE. But i was trying to figure out about the video effects he's using in this video. There's hand drawn FX, Pixel sorting, Animated texture applied and then i'm stucked : how does he get the look on the following image :

Could anybody help me with that pastel color look on his face?

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Ruffmercy Style Video FX
by on Aug 21, 2016 at 6:26:30 pm

The first thing that comes to mind is AE's Colorama effect.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Ruffmercy Style Video FX
by on Aug 22, 2016 at 7:33:49 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Aug 22, 2016 at 7:34:53 am

One of the effects is an RGB offset -- or rather individual distortions on the R, G and B channels, after a massive contrast adjustment which borders on a threshold effect. There's also individual curves adjustments on the channels as well. At least the blue channel seems to have a curve that goes to up at the shadow end and down to zero then back up again and then down, (kind like a backwards "N") so that what should be black is blue and what should be dark blue is black and what should be white is yellow. That's all blue channel. Other channels may have other types of curves, but that's the most obvious.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved