ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects cloud rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin StephensonAfter Effects cloud rendering
by on Aug 19, 2016 at 2:37:38 pm

I have been looking a few services for cloud rendering for large aftereffects project. We are animating about 40 minutes. The render times are not terrible, but there is a lot of material. We are hoping to find a cloud based render service. We are using Optical Flares, Trapcode Suite, Red Giant Warp and Unmult.

We have found a farm that did turn a test around for us fairly quickly, but their communication is poor and their address is a house in a suburb - makes me a bit nervous about how they will preform when things get crazy at the end of the project.

In any event, I am wondering if any of you have any recommendations for an Aftereffects cloud render service.

- Justin

Design, Animation, and Color for Cinema, Broadcast, Web and Installation.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects cloud rendering
by on Aug 20, 2016 at 2:36:58 am

How important is it to maintain security of your video? If not, someone may be able to offer some good cloud solutions. If it IS important, I have a neighbor who works for a government contractor on military avionics who says not to trust the cloud any further than you can throw it. Since it's impossible to throw electrons, I interpret his answer as, "Don't trust it at all."

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved