ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fastest way to transferring 30GB+ video files?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake StevensFastest way to transferring 30GB+ video files?
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 4:56:13 pm

I need to find a way that will allow me to transfer 30+ GB video files super fast.

Tried to use my DROPBOX account and it said it would take 3 - 4 days to upload the 26GB and I'm guessing it'll take another 3 - 4 days to download to anyone I share the download link with.

Are there any services that can transfer really large files like this in less than 24 hours???

Any and all suggestions and links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iMac 27", i7, 4.0GHZ, 5K Retina, 32GB Ram, 512 SDD, 4TB Ext. HD, Final Cut Pro 10.2.3, After Effects CC v13.8.0.144 (2015.3 release)

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Fastest way to transferring 30GB+ video files?
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 5:04:41 pm

How fast is your internet? Set up an ftp server.

Return to posts index

Jake StevensRe: Fastest way to transferring 30GB+ video files?
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 5:11:21 pm

I have Hi-Speed cable internet. 15megas

iMac 27", i7, 4.0GHZ, 5K Retina, 32GB Ram, 512 SDD, 4TB Ext. HD, Final Cut Pro 10.2.3, After Effects CC v13.8.0.144 (2015.3 release)

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman IIIRe: Fastest way to transferring 30GB+ video files?
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 7:44:19 pm

I have a cable internet connection and upload/download GB size files. It takes a great deal of time with one stream at a time...If this is one 30+ GB file, then the fastest way is overnight express, unless you have hours of free time to upload / download and have no other activity on the computer doing the work. Turn off all background programs and do not do anything while the process is in progress...

I regularly sync my Google Drive to a cloud folder to receive files for editing and compositing, but have to rely on the Postal service to return completed work. It also saves the client download time on their end. If it takes you 6-12+ hours to upload, then the client can only download once the upload is complete. There is nothing more frustrating that to almost have a completed upload and something interferes and corrupts the upload and you have to begin the process again...

Good Luck.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Fastest way to transferring 30GB+ video files?
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 7:55:01 pm

I'd suggest Fedex, Signiant, or Bittorrent Sync.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]