ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Skybox Seams with Trapcode Particular in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yosha JoSkybox Seams with Trapcode Particular in AE
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 5:11:04 am

Hi,

I'm creating a VFX 360 VR video for Youtube (no 360 footage, just 3D plugins) and have been using Skybox to make equirectangular videos.

I am currently working on a space scene and was using Trapcode Particular to create some galaxy clouds as well as stars. While the stars render out without any problem of seams when I use Skybox Converter, the galaxy clouds seems to have visible seams and weird stitching.

This is how the stars look in the original comp (1024 X1024) :

And how it looks when I use Sky Box Converter to generate an equirectangular map (input set to cube):

Then when I add the galaxy clouds this is how it looks in the original comp (1024X1024) :

And here is how it looks when I use Sky Box Converter to generate an equirectangular map (input set to cube):

Here are videos of how each one looks :

(the galaxy)

(the stars - sorry the video is very short)

Would someone be able to give me some advice on how I can fix this issue ?

Thank you !

Yosha

Return to posts index

Mike SevignyRe: Skybox Seams with Trapcode Particular in AE
by on Aug 18, 2016 at 5:23:30 pm

Hey Yosha,
Your videos are down so it's hard to see the seams you're referring to but there are some known issues with 360 video in AE.

A) One of which is that glows and blurs will cause problems with the seams in your equirectangular (LongLat) output. I'm assuming that you're using those for galaxy effects. This is the reason Mettle has released their Post Effects package that addresses this issue by allowing you to add seamless glows, sharpen, blurs, etc. directly to the equirectangular output.
B) There's also issues with particular and other 3D plugins when the effects come too close to the camera. Those issues are with the plugins and not with Skybox.

I'm not sure if this will solve your problem but it's important to know when working in 360 inside of AE. These glitches in the workflow will be addressed in the future but for now 360 artists still have the above limitations.

Mike Sevigny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]