ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to make text or png logo look like its really on the object of airplane fuselage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hanna deanHow to make text or png logo look like its really on the object of airplane fuselage
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 9:39:17 am

1: how do i make the text round so it looks like its on fuselage the body of airplane , as it is rounded.
2:how do i make text or logo png there like its really on it , because all i use is the guassin blue is there anything i can use , to make it sit in and also make logo or text reflect shine ?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How to make text or png logo look like its really on the object of airplane fuselage
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 10:30:08 am

Depending on the shot you can go about it a few different ways.
If the distortion you need to make the logo/text look like it's on a slightly curved surface (airplane body) you can track the logo on and the use distortion tools like the mesh warp or bezier warp and /or Liquify to make them match the shape you need.
If you need a more complex shape then you can use FreeForm Pro to distort and displace in 3d space the shape and then track that on.
As far as making the surface of the logo/text have the same type of material properties like the plane material, you can use several transfer modes combined and/or pull a highlights mask and use that to affect the Logo/text layer. If you use a displacement plugin like FreeForm Pro, then you have access to Material properties and can use reflection maps to achieve the look you're after.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]