ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How could I achieve this logo segment effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris lawHow could I achieve this logo segment effect?
by on Aug 11, 2016 at 6:29:00 pm

Hello, I'm trying to reveal a logo by having it segmented into lines but I can't seem to get a good result, I have two videos to show you the result I'm looking for

I have tried, using the wave warp effect and card dance effect, but the result is still not desirable as you have to halves coming together as opposed to the segments coming from the same side. Is there something I'm missing or perhaps a plugin to do this kind of thing easier?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Sean DunnRe: How could I achieve this logo segment effect?
by on Aug 11, 2016 at 7:01:58 pm

90% of it is a technique called offset animation. Basically animating your object once, then using masks to chop it into lines and offsetting the timing to make it look more complicated than it is.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: How could I achieve this logo segment effect?
by on Aug 12, 2016 at 6:51:46 pm

i think you could get close to the second animation by using displacement map..

first you'll create a gradient map to use for the displacement map. i'd try creating a comp, add a new layer, add fractal noise and then the mosaic, setting mosaic to make vertical bars of varying shades of gray.

bring that comp into a comp with your logo, apply displacement map on the logo and then select the gradient comp as the displacement map. animate the vertical displacement property (set the other to 0).

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]