ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Issue bringing After Effects clips into Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sophie TurnerIssue bringing After Effects clips into Premiere
by on Aug 11, 2016 at 5:04:40 am

Hi. I am pretty new to After Effects and I am somewhat experienced in Premiere. I want to use After Effects to create some simple animations for text. Yet every time I try to bring in a clip from After Effects, it weirdly distorts so that the text is slanty and large and out of proportion. This only happens when the After Effects layer is placed over other footage in Premiere, and not when it is by itself. I have tried bringing it in using a Live Text Template, dragging the composition from After Effects to Premiere, and also by creating a transparent video layer and then clicking "Replace with After Effects Composition." It does the same thing in all of them. Please please please help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Issue bringing After Effects clips into Premiere
by on Aug 11, 2016 at 1:50:04 pm

There are AE - PP problems in the most recent version for a significant number of users. Things that worked before are broken now.
I recommend using an old-school technique: use the AE Render Queue, render out your animation and import it into PP.

I write this because we know absolutely nothing about your machine, its hardware, OS and the AE version you run.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved