ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Strange after effects glitch...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian GarofaloStrange after effects glitch...
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 2:52:59 pm

Hi,

Im having this weird problem with after effects cs6 all of a sudden. Ive been using after effects the past couple of days and everything was working fine. I then closed the program came back to it a few days later and its doing this thing where i click on either an item on the comp or on the timeline and it just shifts that item down. It's really annoying and it doesn't let me work because its just always moving things on the comp. Anyone know what this is or if i accidentally clicked something that i don't know about.

Mac el capitan
Adobe cs6

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Strange after effects glitch...
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 4:11:24 pm

What is your AE version right down to the very last decimal point? If it isn't 11.0.4 at the ver least, you need to update it.

And some ominous news for you -- even it you get AE CS6 updated, I'm not sure how well it will run on El Capitan. Older software.... brand-new OS.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Julian GarofaloRe: Strange after effects glitch...
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 4:17:53 pm

its 11.0.4.2

I kinda got it to work. Don't ask what i did because i have no idea. It was really weird. If i checked or uncheck the eye symbol on a single layer it would uncheck other layers as a batch.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Strange after effects glitch...
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 4:57:05 pm

that is really weird... have you rebooted?

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Julian GarofaloRe: Strange after effects glitch...
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 4:59:07 pm

I rebooted, cleared my cache and cleaned memory. i just randomly pressed something and it went back to normal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]