ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

GH2 HBR (30P) Interpret as Progressive

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon ShankGH2 HBR (30P) Interpret as Progressive
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 5:00:57 pm

So I have the moon t7 hack on my gh2.

I recently purchased a gopro hero4 black and am looking to start shooting surf videos. I will use the gopro out on the board and the gh2 for some nice shots on the beach.

I will shoot at 1080p 60-120fps on the go pro.

I will shoot at HBR 30p on the GH2.

As to my understanding the HBR mode shoots at 30p but is wrapped in a 60i file container so editors like premiere don't notice and you have to manually interpret the footage as progressive.

Here's my issue:

I import the gh2 hbr footage to premiere, I interpret the footage and turn separate fields off. I then "replace with after effects composition" to grade the footage. However, when I interpret the footage again in after effects it shows "Upper Fields First".

Do I have to interpret the footage in both premiere and after effects every time even with linked comps?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: GH2 HBR (30P) Interpret as Progressive
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 5:19:30 pm

It's not going to hurt anything if you interpret it again as progressive. Just to be on the safe side, I'd do it.

And double-check those frame rates in the AE project panel. When you say 30, I bet it shows up as 29.97.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon ShankRe: GH2 HBR (30P) Interpret as Progressive
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 5:47:40 pm

Yes it does! I just have a habit of shortening it to 30p (or 24 or 60) but all my footage is 23.976 or 29.97 or 59.94

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved