ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE suddenly limits the number of codecs for rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron MooreAE suddenly limits the number of codecs for rendering
by on Aug 6, 2016 at 5:58:22 am

I'm using AE cc 2015.3 with an 8-core 64-bit AMD processor with 8Gb of RAM and upon attempting to render a 3sec comp and choosing to output to a QuickTime file, the list of codec choices were limited to None, Animation or several DV and DVC formats. Nowhere was there H.264 or Photo JPEG or any of the familiar names. I tried exporting to the Adobe Media Encoder and that actually worked, at least until I ran the latest update to After Effects and now it won't even add it to the queue Media Encoder. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: AE suddenly limits the number of codecs for rendering
by on Aug 6, 2016 at 6:17:22 am

Possibly project bit depth?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE suddenly limits the number of codecs for rendering
by on Aug 7, 2016 at 3:47:13 am

I will assume you have been an AE user for a while... but perhaps not a longtime user. CC 2015-3 is a conundrum for many users. There are few explanations why some people have zero problems, but people such as you have problems out of the blue. I wish I had a magic wand to fix your problem. I do not.

I can only say this: it figures. It's Adobe. They issue a new version purported to fix a multitude of bugs, but the fix creates bugs that never existed before, or reveal themselves much as a time bomb reveals itself.

I have no clue what's wrong. If you ask me, there should be NOTHING wrong.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]