ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Stabilize time remapping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David GruwierStabilize time remapping
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 9:45:13 am

I have a dolly shot that tracks sideways over the duration of a minute or so. I'm time remapping that down to a few seconds. The problem is that the dolly movement of the dolly isn't totally smooth and consistent, so when I speed it up, that is amplified so it kinda stutters. It's not that it vibrates or becomes shaky, it's just that the movement speed becomes jagged.

Is there any way I can 'stabilize' the time remapping, so that the speed of the movement is more consistent? Like doing a motion track on a feature in the footage, then somehow transferring the small variations in that position to the time remapping keyframes to compensate for the movement, or something like that. I just can't wrap my head around it.
Has anybody here had to deal with anything similar?

Return to posts index

Kevin CaminRe: Stabilize time remapping
by on Aug 5, 2016 at 4:54:14 pm

Can you put your clip (inside the Project Panel) into a comp then replace your clip in your timeline with this comp. Then inside that comp you can stabilize your footage. The footage in the comp will need to be trimmed to the exact in and out points of the clip in your timeline of course.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved