ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CC 2015.3 hanging/dies when moving camera in scene with spotlights

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg russell
After Effects CC 2015.3 hanging/dies when moving camera in scene with spotlights
on Aug 2, 2016 at 6:25:26 pm

Hi! We've been running into a strange issue where having spotlights in any AE scene, and trying to move the lights or camera causes complete slowdown, spinning wheels - on both mac and pc machines in our studio. The only machine that seems not to have this issue is my laptop which has 8GB of Vram. I can't imagine this is the issue as we've done plenty of work with lights and cameras before. This happens on 1920x1080 comps as well as larger comps we're working with. DOES NOT happen with point lights. Any ideas? Seems like a bug. I've tried changing various memory settings, GPU/CPU prefs.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

Return to posts index

Kevin Snyder
Re: After Effects CC 2015.3 hanging/dies when moving camera in scene with spotlights
on Aug 6, 2016 at 3:14:42 am

Have you updated to the latest version 2015.3.1? That's are problems with 3d lights in the initial release of AE 2015.3.

Return to posts index

greg russell
Re: After Effects CC 2015.3 hanging/dies when moving camera in scene with spotlights
on Aug 6, 2016 at 5:01:10 pm

Hey Kevin,

I'm up to date on some of my boxes (running 6) so let me investigate the versions and see if anything changes. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]