ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

multiple matt compositing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Turland
multiple matt compositing
on Jul 31, 2016 at 12:21:08 am

I have been a long time lurker (years) and this is my first post!

I am working on some large scale projections that are a 3 projector blend creating a pixel count of 4800 x 1200. The content is being generated in C4D at the exact pixel dimensions needed with the intention of dropping the image arrays into AE for some color grading and general clean up. AE is also where I aim to cut the 4800 x 1200 images into individual 1920 x 1200 files for delivery through the projections system. This is where I am coming up short!

The idea is to use a "set matte" on precomposed layers in the full size composition. The precomposed layers will then be rendered out and used by the projection system and we will edge blend within the system.

"Set matte" does not seem to be doing what I need. Any tips or ideas on how to achieve this would be welcomed warmly.
thanks
A

Return to posts index

Andrew Turland
Re: multiple matt compositing
on Jul 31, 2016 at 1:39:09 am

Well after posting and churning through it a bit i realised that I was taking the wrong approach.

NESTING = oputcome achieved

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 2, 2016 at 2:24:33 am

1980x1200 is a mighty strange resolution. Far more frequently it's 1920x1080. Did you get things to operate properly?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andrew Turland
on Aug 2, 2016 at 3:09:18 am

Yes, It was a matter of coming at the problem from the wrong angle. Nesting sequences in the correct order was the solution. K.I.S.S

1920x1200 is WUXGA resolution which is a projection pixel count. This file size allows for the most control over images when projection mapping.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]