ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rigging A Character for facial animation question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moog GravettRigging A Character for facial animation question
by on Jul 28, 2016 at 9:01:51 am

Hi folks,

I'm currently rigging a face for animation, which for the most part is going well, but I've encountered an issue that I've not met before.

I'm using lots of static photoshop layers which I control with sliders to switch expressions. So for example, head / mouth shapes are quite extreme in their pose and each have their own pheome set, which is fine.

My challenge now is to keep control over the eyes, so in a similar way, I can switch between eye shapes.

Setting them up to switch on a slider is no problem, but attaching them to the head is proving difficult.

because the head shapes are wildly different and therefore the eyes are not in the same position on the head, I want to be able to set (presumable in the head shape pre comp) a null position (or just set the eyes) in their correct place on the head.

However, I still need to be able to control the eye shape (a pre comp of different drawn images) in my master control layer.

I can't quite get my head around why linking the null in the head layer isn't working. But there's probably a very obvious answer to it.

Any clues?

Need any more info?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved