ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using stills from AE to create an image

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Smith
Using stills from AE to create an image
on Jul 25, 2016 at 2:35:50 pm

I'm not sure what the best way to go about this is.

The content is ultimately all typography, simple shapes, and a few solid colors.

The content lives across many AE projects. I want to create stills from those projects.

Then stack and display them like playing cards, say ace through king of spades. I was originally inspired by the carousel in Finder on a Mac. But I think it will look more like a beauty pageant where all the contestants are coming down a long straight staircase. The stack will be used as an image on a web page.

Question 1: What format should I use when I export the stills from AE?

Question 2: What program should I use? AE is easiest because I can just think of all the spacing in 3d terms, since that is what I originally had in mind. It doesn't really matter however because I don't think anything is going to be at an angle and so I can accomplish what I want with just positioning and scaling? So would Photoshop be better?

The MAIN CONCERN is to keep the typography super sharp.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
Re: Using stills from AE to create an image
on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:13:21 pm

Actually, after playing with it some more, I guess I do want some rotation/3D. So, then I guess I should keep it in AE. What's the easiest way to get all the still in one place in AE? I don't think I want to import 20 AE projects into 1 just to get a still from each.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:41:31 pm

Are all the projects setup the same e.g. HD, 4K, etc...

Whats wrong with importing 20 AEP in one project.

I do it all the time and avoids screwing up the original.

Much faster than opening one project at a time.

Then if your setting up in 3D you might have to make changes to the static frame so no need to open up the original project again.

I export all kinds of frames from PSD, JPEG, PNG, etc...

They all work to up to 30k pixels.

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
on Jul 25, 2016 at 4:00:28 pm

There was lots and lots of incest in the creation of the projects. I would bet even money that the whole thing will crash the first time I try and do it. Too many pre-comps of pre-comps all with the same names. But yeah, that's probably the best way to do it. There won't be any need to modify things however.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jul 25, 2016 at 6:55:16 pm

Unless you have the final output on QuickTime files.

Then just import those.

Is the final output for high res print?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]