ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Reactive Particles To Music With Trapcode Particular and SoundKeys

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Ostroski
Reactive Particles To Music With Trapcode Particular and SoundKeys
on Jul 25, 2016 at 5:29:01 am

Hello! I am new to Trapcode and I am looking to make particles react to music. I have seen tutorials on how to do it but its not in depth and the results are different on different songs. I would like the particles to react to the kicks and snares of the song. My objective is to have the music beat push the particles left to right. I am no sure if these are the plugins are the ones I need for what I want to do. But if they are, I would like to figure out the details to make this work. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Reactive Particles To Music With Trapcode Particular and SoundKeys
on Jul 25, 2016 at 7:25:39 am

Yes, Particular and Soundkeys can certainly do something like that. The results will naturally vary from song to song as the audio ranges for bass and kick drums vary.

Did you look at Red Giant's tutorials? They're in-depth. I doubt anyone can or will write more in-depth tutorial in a forum post than what is contained in a video tutorial. Answering the question would be easier if we knew what step or detail it is specifically that you are having trouble with when trying to do what is shown in the tutorials.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Reactive Particles To Music With Trapcode Particular and SoundKeys
on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:04:43 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:07:18 pm

There's nothing that says you must use the music as-is. You can use Audition to isolate the frequencies you want to use, giving a better chance of success. You can also export a waf or aiff file from Audition, again giving you a better chance of success. For AE, mp3 files tend to suck.

And as Kalle infers, avoid YouTube AE tutorials made by high school kids. They too tend to suck.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]