ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Illustrator shape animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten TorgersenIllustrator shape animation
by on Jul 24, 2016 at 7:20:58 pm

new to after effects. I have imported an illustrator file to AE and created shapes from vector layers? I would think that this is the starting point when animating Ai files? Anyways ...I want to stretch a shape horizontal ...or increase the width of the object without it affecting the outline of it. Now the oval outlined shape gets distorted. Dont know if its an easy way of doing this ...or maybe I'm going about this type of animation all wrong. Some input and advice would be really grateful.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Illustrator shape animation
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 8:09:14 am

You need to transform (move) the individual path points rather than the whole shape. This is similar to what you have in Illustrator, select the individual points that are on one side of the shape and move them over rather than scaling the entire shape. Keyframe the path property, not the transform. Probably have to do that separately for the outside and inside shape of the "O", so you might want to do it mathematically, making sure you're moving them the same exact number of pixels.

Return to posts index

Morten TorgersenRe: Illustrator shape animation
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 4:25:00 pm

Thank you for this ...chose inside and outside path and I managed to animate it just as I asked for. Merci:)

As a follow-up question. If I want the same animation to animate as a curve ...almost like a banner motion inward ...does that require a lot of key framing or is it possible to animate this along a curved path of some sort?

As far as the initial question Im well on my way to get this project finished. Thank you for that

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved