ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Create opening credits

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ehsan ShabaniCreate opening credits
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 7:21:05 pm

Hi everyone!
Just now I found this forum and I'm new to After Effects.
As the first question I want to ask how to create these movies in after effects? (Plugin name and summary of method)

As far as I realized, Camera mapping can help but I'm not sure.

I want to create an opening credits like this.

Thank you every one! Happy to find you all :D

Return to posts index

Tony LengyelRe: Create opening credits
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 9:39:59 pm

Hell and welcome you are right everyone is most helpful here. I think your question is too broad for one answer or were you looking for many ideas. As you know there are many types and motion typography as well as design styles to opening credits. Now ending credits that would be different because mainly they are scrolling vertically.

Some of plugin's I use that would be awesome for this type of project are :

Video Co-Pilot Element 3D or many of Video Co-Pilots stuff.
Red Giant Products (There are so many great one's to name but few are Particular, Universe and Magic Bullet.)

You can do some amazing stuff without any plugins and just After Effects as well. If you really want to make it stand out then Cinema 4D can enhance the amazing job Ae already does.

Sorry it's not a specific answer but hope it helps.

Tony

Return to posts index

Ken TeutschRe: Create opening credits
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 9:44:44 pm

What you have there is many, many cut-out photos and text layers arranged in 3D space with complicated camera moves transitioning between them. The basic concept is simple, but this is a complex example, a lot of work to plan and set up.

And there also seems to be some vignettes and directional blur involved.

If you are unfamiliar with cameras and 3D layers, here's a basic tutorial: http://after-effects.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-3d-layers-and-animate-came...

And you might want to look at the MonkeyCam plug-in. http://aescripts.com/monkeycam-pro/

Return to posts index

Tony LengyelRe: Create opening credits
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 9:48:34 pm

Damn... sorry I didn't actually watch it maybe that is what he was asking in the first place. Doh. The plugins I mentioned definitely can make life easier with some of those procedures Ken stated.

Return to posts index

Ehsan ShabaniRe: Create opening credits
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 9:53:17 pm

thank both of you.
I just wanted to show an example of what is on my mind.
so you say i have to create 3D layers and work with camera.

Can I just animate the pictures and working with position and angle, if my project is simple and not involved with so many effects ?

Return to posts index

Greg GeschRe: Create opening credits
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 11:41:31 pm

Hi, yes you can do it more simply without using a camera. Place your images in 3D space then create a Null. Parent the image layers to the null, then you only need to move the null and all the images will move and stay relative to each other. You can also keyframe the individual image layers and they will work independently (ie they can scale,rotate, change angles, position etc. while the null is also moving).

Return to posts index

Ken TeutschRe: Create opening credits
by on Jul 21, 2016 at 1:18:56 pm

With a simple setup it may be easier to just move the layers. Or even just scale and rotate the layers to fake movement.

But to get that feeling of 3D space in your example, I think you would need to lay out the layers and fly the camera around.

Return to posts index

Ehsan ShabaniRe: Create opening credits
by on Jul 24, 2016 at 9:22:17 am

best AE forum ever !!!
thank you again.
i think by faking movement my project can be done.
but im curious about how to create layouts. this is what seems like when i see that video above.
thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]