ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mapped particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro MonsalveMapped particles
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 4:41:04 pm
Last Edited By Pedro Monsalve on Jul 20, 2016 at 4:55:36 pm

Hey y'all, I'm taking on a project that I can conceptualize doing but not sure how to efficiently approach it need some help spitballing the technique to achieve it (hope this is the correct forum).

Basically have a bunch of logos and as they fly in rotating around a center axis the form a sphere so almost like reversing an exploded action on a 3D sphere only difference is that it won't form an actual sphere, the overall composition will be spherical but not literately a sphere I'm thinking of keeping different logos is separate levels of Z depth so that they kinda overlap as they rotate @ different speeds.

I was thinking of using Trapcode Particular (my client is purchasing the plugin) but not 100% sure I could map all the different logo images to different particles, for what I can tell you pick one and particular uses that for the particle system.

I'm playing around right now with card dance, CC Sphere, but I'm not getting a true 3D feel.

My only other option (A LOOOOOT of work) would be to do it in 3D, explode a sphere and map all the different logos to the different polys just afraid that's not very flexible.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and hope I'm making sense.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Mapped particles
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 5:02:58 pm

I would suggest that you give Red Giant Planespace a try:

https://www.redgiant.com/products/planespace/

It will allow you to arrange layers around several different shapes, plus it will do some "auto" animation to bring those layers on, or move them around into different configurations.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Mapped particles
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 6:22:55 pm

[Pedro Monsalve] "I was thinking of using Trapcode Particular (my client is purchasing the plugin) but not 100% sure I could map all the different logo images to different particles, for what I can tell you pick one and particular uses that for the particle system."

With Particular, you can use a custom texture layer for your particles, and you can control how the particles draw from that texture. In your case, you could accomplish what you want by making a precomp that has a single frame of each of your logos within it, using that logo precomp as your particle texture, and telling the particles to use a random still from the texture layer.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Pedro MonsalveRe: Mapped particles
by on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:21:53 am

Awesome tnx to both of you (Joseph and Walter) 2 great ideas, I didn't know about the planespace plugin. And I'm gona see if I can play with the demo of particular to see if I can get what Walter mentioned.

Tnx again for 2 great contributions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]