ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Grid/Mesh Perspective effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cormac Connaughton3D Grid/Mesh Perspective effect
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 8:46:33 am

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm hoping someone can help me with a query. I am trying to recreate the 3D grid/Mesh perspective effect that you can see from 00:36 - 01:09 on the windows in this video:

I've been searching online for ages but I can't seem to find anything that describes how it is done. I've also been experimenting in AE but I just can't get it right. Does anyone know if there's a specific plug in I need? It looks like a very simple effect but it works really well.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: 3D Grid/Mesh Perspective effect
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 9:33:01 am

Element 3D is definitely an option. You can extrude masks into 3D (or use primitives) and render them as wireframe.

Return to posts index

Cormac ConnaughtonRe: 3D Grid/Mesh Perspective effect
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 9:43:56 am

Thanks Kalle, I actually think I found a way to do it.

I created a composition with 5 solids that have the Grid effect applied to them. I applied the 3D effect to the solids and arranged them into a cube shape. I then added this Cube Comp to my main composition, made the Cube Comp 3D and then selected the Collapse Transformation (Sun Icon). I didn't know this existed so that's where I was getting caught out! Now I can scale the Cube Comp on the Z axis to give it the perspective/depth effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved