ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

RE: Industry Standard

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
RE: Industry Standard
on Jul 18, 2016 at 4:36:07 pm

So I'm having this debate with someone who we bought a unit from years ago and it's still not working (that's another story.)

He's claiming that 59.94/sec is not an industry standard anymore. He's says 60/sec is what the industry uses.

I disagree obviously mostly because of the fact that most of products we use (Al lot from Black Magic) use 59.94 not 60.

Thoughts?

TIA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: RE: Industry Standard
on Jul 18, 2016 at 5:13:39 pm

59.94 and 29.97 are still the standard frame rates here in broadcast land.

And the web doesn't discriminate on frame rates, as long as the frames are progressive and not interlaced. So 59.94 & 29.97 work there, too.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 18, 2016 at 6:45:36 pm

[Sam Lesante Jr.] "He's claiming that 59.94/sec is not an industry standard anymore. He's says 60/sec is what the industry uses."

Depends on the industry. Broadcast in the former NTSC bloc is 59.94, but a lot of the non-broadcast installations I work on run at 60.0.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Jul 18, 2016 at 7:13:46 pm

Depends on the industry. I just delivered a project for a mobile jumbotron-type screen, and the specs were 60.00p at 720p. If you're in the mobile event screen industry, then maybe that's the industry standard!

Otherwise, for anything that's going to show up on broadcast, 59.94/29.97/23.976 are the standard framerates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]