ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trying to recreate crystal cube from an old Samsung Ad.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moses Huh
Trying to recreate crystal cube from an old Samsung Ad.
on Jul 15, 2016 at 7:27:04 pm
Last Edited By Moses Huh on Jul 15, 2016 at 8:41:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I am usually the type who tries to figure something out, but this has stumped me so hard.

I want to creat a crystallized cube or any general geometric shape. I provided a picture attachment for a better picture. (the cube highlighted in the red box.)

cube.jpg

I have tried using Plexus and VC Elements 3D to no anvil.

Is this something that can only be done in C4D? or do i have to go with the long route of create 6 separate precomps that represents the face of the cube and build it from there?

Cheers,

Moses
An After Effects student

side note, the other cubes you see in the picture represents my failed recreations.

the video clip was taken from a Samsung galaxy ii commercial called "Unleash your Fingers" @ 0:44

I am trying to do this for a school project (if you are curious to know).

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Trying to recreate crystal cube from an old Samsung Ad.
on Jul 15, 2016 at 8:42:30 pm

I can't see your example, but from your description, I'd recommend using Cinema 4D. You get the Lite version for free with After Effects CC. This course tells you more about it and how to use it: http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cinema_4d_lite_reference

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Trying to recreate crystal cube from an old Samsung Ad.
on Jul 15, 2016 at 8:43:40 pm

Ah, I can see the example now. You should be able to do that with Element, but C4D would work too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]