ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Export unbelievably slow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon AnderssonExport unbelievably slow
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 10:06:10 am

So, I created a 36 minute video in Premiere Pro, opened it in After Effects to create a Green Screen effect, tried to render it out with my normal rendering settings, and it takes about two minutes per frame of video. Obviously I'm not going about this in the right way. I don't have that much ram, but still. It shouldn't take this long.

I have a comp with 5 tracks. Three video, 2 audio. The top layer is a masked part of the video on which i have applied the green screen (I have created a screen replacement on a monitor). The second track is what lies beneath the green screen, i.e what is supposed to show on the screen. The third layer is the normal video with some color correction and such on it (basically the same as layer 1, without the mask and without the green screen effects). Fourth and fifth layers are for audio.

I'm guessing that pre-composing all layers into one and exporting it all at once is not a great idea. How would I go about to render each part of the video seperatly, but still ending up with one video?

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Export unbelievably slow
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 11:38:42 am

What are your computer specs and what version of AE are you using?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved