ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to link keyframes to one layer to allow for easier re-positioning of multiple keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew RossIs there a way to link keyframes to one layer to allow for easier re-positioning of multiple keyframes
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 9:24:57 am

Hi there.

I am currently working on a project where there is a mass outlay but the script for the VO changes slightly per one.

There is a moment in the animation where the camera rotates on it's axis and as it does this, about 5/6 other layers have separate key frames to complement the cameras animation. This animation stays the same each time but will move a second or two earlier or later in the timeline depending on the script.

Is there a way to link all these keyframes to one layer that will sit at the top of the composition so all i need to do is slide the 1 layer left and right to fit script and all relative key frames move with it?

Many thanks
Andy

Return to posts index

Jerry SmithRe: Is there a way to link keyframes to one layer to allow for easier re-positioning of multiple keyframes
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 2:48:19 pm

Maybe you can precompose the layers, then enable time remapping on the pre-composed layer, then just change a keyframe on that layer or indeed even just the postion of that layer?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Is there a way to link keyframes to one layer to allow for easier re-positioning of multiple keyframes
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 3:02:17 pm

Might want to ask in the expressions forum too.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Andrew RossRe: Is there a way to link keyframes to one layer to allow for easier re-positioning of multiple keyframes
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 3:13:42 pm

Thanks guys.

Pre-composing and time re-mapping is an option but it would get a little tricky/messy as there are other influences within the comp. If i was able just to link the current frames on a "slider"layer then that would work great.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll post it within the expression forum also

Andy

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: Is there a way to link keyframes to one layer to allow for easier re-positioning of multiple keyframes
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 7:39:20 pm

Depending on the type of animation, you could use expressions in stead of keyframes on your layers, and drive those expressions with markers. Slide the markers around and your animation follows.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]