ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Most likely cause of ghost lines?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry SmithMost likely cause of ghost lines?
by on Jul 14, 2016 at 4:08:04 pm

I create a pixel perfect rectangle in PS. Put it in AE. 99 times out of 100, everthing is perfect. But 1 time out of 100, there might be a ghost line on one side as though the rectangle's position of anchor point was off by some fraction of a pixel. But all the properties end in .0000

Bizarrely, when I try to reproduce the problem, I am successful! In other words, some rectangles in some projects seem to insist on having ghost lines.

Also, is there an easy solution? I thought Matte Choker would provide an easy fix, but I was unable to dial one in.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Most likely cause of ghost lines? .......GHOSTS!
by on Jul 14, 2016 at 4:28:04 pm

Next time this happens, try purging AE memory & caches. It ought to clear the problem up.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Most likely cause of ghost lines?
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 3:57:55 pm

Here's an expression that aligns layers to pixel edges: https://chrissilich.com/blog/after-effects-expression-snapping-objects-to-w...

Another option is to use a Levels adjustment on the alpha channel wherein you crunch the alpha black and white points to the same point so that the output is either 0 or 100.

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: Most likely cause of ghost lines?
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 6:28:05 pm

If it's a solid color, you could simply just replace it with and AE solid. I have this problem with Illustrator as well.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]