ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I move my anchor point without moving my layer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave ChavinskyHow do I move my anchor point without moving my layer?
by on Jul 13, 2016 at 8:16:50 pm

If I click on the anchor point slider beside my layer, it just moves the layer with the anchor point.

I want to move the anchor point to the bottom left side of this graphic, so that it can flip in towards the camera.

I've tried using the Pan Behind tool with no success..

Thank You!!!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How do I move my anchor point without moving my layer?
by on Jul 13, 2016 at 8:56:18 pm

To embed your image, you need to copy and paste the embed code from CreativeCOW's uploader into the body of your post. It's old-school, but there are some more details in the fine print on the bottom of the photo uploader window.

You seem to have the adjustment layer, not the text layer, selected, so you might not be panning behind the thing you expect.

You could also create a null object, make it 3D, position it at the edge of the text, parent the text to the null, then rotate the null.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

jay muellerRe: How do I move my anchor point without moving my layer?
by on Jul 14, 2016 at 1:52:57 pm

try to move you anchor point to where you'd like it on your image, then copy the anchor point values and paste them on the position values. should put it back where it started...

Return to posts index

Andy EngelkemierRe: How do I move my anchor point without moving my layer?
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 5:36:36 pm

Just to be sure, you're using the pan behind tool in the composition window, and not on the position/anchor point slider, right? No one suggested that, so I thought I'd state what isn't necessarily obvious. Also, you Do have to select your layer first, in the timeline. Then use the pan behind tool.

I'd love to just be able to hold some key like ctrl or something like that while moving the anchor point to not move position. But unfortunately, you either move it on screen, your have to move it in position/anchor first, then move the other number in the opposing direction. But if you just need the general area, then the pan behind tool in the comp view works great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]