ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects, is this possible?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jermaine SmitAfter effects, is this possible?
by on Jul 10, 2016 at 5:26:22 pm


I am trying to learn more and more of After effect and now I want to do something Nvidea did with there latest videocard:

Basicly I want to do something similar to this with the 3d parts connecting to a shape that is moving around and that it basicly is placed on top of the shape itself. How can you do something like this? (I made a animation so now in after effects I need to have this effect)
Also at 2 seconds you basicly see a consistant blue effect going, this is also something I would love to do!

Do you guys know what Plugin I need to use for this? (most important is that flyting in and connecting 3d parts)
Or a flowing effect with controlling where it comes from.

I hope my question is a bit clear (A)

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: After effects, is this possible?
by on Jul 10, 2016 at 6:31:59 pm

Something like this really is done in a true 3d software like cinema 4d or Maya. That said, the plugin you will have the most success with is video copilot's element 3d.

After effects natively can't do something like this because it is not a true 3d program, its 2.5d. 2d planes in 3d space. It needs help from third party plugins, and even then you can usually get better results for this type of thing with real 3d programs. Hope that helps.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

Jermaine SmitRe: After effects, is this possible?
by on Jul 10, 2016 at 6:40:28 pm

Hi, thank you so much for your answer, I use Maya but I never made a animation with it. I basicly use Keyshot, I will see what i can do with this in the hope I can learn this because let's be fair this is cool!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved