ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Logo Animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh BirchLogo Animation
by on Jul 8, 2016 at 7:27:25 pm

Hello Guys,

I am having a bit of an issue and can't see to figure it.

So basically I am trying to have two boxes come from either side of the frame and then merge in the middle, then my logo will reveal.

Here is a private vimeo link:

password: 123

The trouble is:

I can't get my left box to match my right box perfectly. i.e when I freeze at a point during the animation, the left box is slightly more rotated than the other, or slightly closer to the middle.

I have tried doing the maths to work out exactly where they should be, but it just doesn't seem to work. Have attached a few screenshots too. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Logo Animation
by on Jul 8, 2016 at 8:42:33 pm

The easing on your Position and x Rotation keyframes is different for each box layer, so they move and rotate at different speeds. Highlight all the keyframes on both layers, hold the command key and click one of them. This will convert them to linear keyframes. Then if you want to ease part of the animation, make sure you apply the same movement to both layers.

Return to posts index

Josh BirchRe: Logo Animation
by on Jul 10, 2016 at 10:32:39 am

Next issue I am having is I can't get the lights to cast shadows on all my layers.

I have tried adding an ambient light, then a spot/point light but I can't seem to form any shadows. I have cast shadows selected on my 3d layers.

Any suggestions?

Just want something simple like this:

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Logo Animation
by on Jul 10, 2016 at 1:10:48 pm

I'm guessing you need to push your white background layer back in z space. You won't see shadows if it's on the same plane as the other layers. Also make sure the Accept Shadows property is on for that layer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved